Moon Area Middle School Attendance Overview
(412) 264-9440 Ext. 3003 firstname.lastname@example.org
Diana Brown-Attendance Clerk
- Absences require a hand-written excuse or email turned in to Diana Brown, email@example.com, within 3 days after the absence (State Law).
- Notes should have a parent/guardian phone number and student grade.
- A reason for the absence is required in order to be excused.
- Tardies require a hand-written excuse or email turned in to Diana Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org, within 3 days after the tardy (State Law).
- If tardy due to a doctor’s appointment, bring a note from the doctor’s office.
- A reason for the tardy is required in order to be excused.
- Early releases require a hand-written note or email from a parent/guardian, including a phone number and student grade.
- Parent/guardian is required to come to the Attendance Office window to sign out the student.
- Include the attendance office in any email sent to teachers regarding early releases. The student will receive a pass to get out of class from the attendance office. Email email@example.com.
- If leaving to go to a doctor appointment, have student return to school with an excuse from the doctor’s office.
- The time on the excuse is the time the student will be released from class.
- For homework requests, please contact the teacher directly.
- Pre-existing medical issues require yearly updates from the doctor, for both the nurse and attendance office.
- There will not be any alternate busses at this time for the safety of our students.